June 14, 2020

what? WHITE STONE is evolving!

June 2 – Today's subject of discussion: Is the Yeti King the king of the yetis, or is he just a regular king who also happens to be a yeti? HGR drew an analogy to the Skeleton King, who is definitely a regular king (King Leoric). I said that was a good point, but maybe he also became king of the skeletons once he got skeletonized. HGR disagreed: "I don't think skeletons really have a social structure!! I mean, he can summon his adds..."

June 5 – 88 degrees and muggy. I stepped out on my balcony and was like "oof, gonna cut today's walk short." But then I got distracted by my thoughts and ended up doing the full half hour.

June 8 – Haven't been able to access my pogo alt since the 5th. No idea what the problem is. 90% of the time, it hangs at the white Niantic screen; the other 10% of the time, it goes to the loading screen and the green bar loads all the way (so it's not a login issue), but the game just doesn't start. No error message or anything. I've tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the game, to no effect. I don't see anyone else complaining on Reddit, so it appears to be just me. I filed a support ticket with Niantic but I'm not exactly hopeful.

On the plus side, on my main I hatched 16 eggs during the gen 5 event, with great results: one Galarian Darumaka (14/14/15), three Galarian Ziggys (best: 14/14/14). Time to start putting together an Obstagoon team for mid. Also my alt hatched one (1) egg and it was a Darumaka, which he did not yet have, so the event was a resounding success.

edit (6/11): nooo it's official, pogo is ending support for 32-bit devices (i.e., my HTC One M8) in August. And I saw someone else on Twitter complaining about the latest update breaking the game for his Android 6 device, so it's not just me. rip :(

edit (6/14): Finally I got around to migrating my alt to my old Pixel. I didn't want to do this because the battery is totally shot, inconvenient for a normal workday; but it works fine at home. We're back in business.

June 10 – LOL I just noticed that the banner for the "logs" page on ayearago.today is literally a bunch of logs, I love it

June 11 – When filling out my food journal yesterday, I accidentally dated it March 10. what even is time

Written by Achaius

45 Views
Log in to Like
Log In to Favorite
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Comments

You must be signed in to post a comment!