Aug. 2, 2020

An Okay Day, I Guess

Today went okay for the most part.

I woke up kind of late and still sore. I'm now starting to think all the soreness has something to do with my blood pressure. My legs and hands are so swelled all of the time, they just hurt. I took my blood pressure twice (once right before my pills and once an hour after). Both were high. The one before the pills was actually lower than the one after. I wasn't doing anything before taking either reading--just sitting here on the computer. Ugh.

Around noon, I went downstairs to marinate the pork chops for dinner and found the kitchen a disaster. I ended up having to clean everything up before I could even start my food prep. The 17yo happened to come down to get something to eat around 1pm, so we sat down for our Umbrella Academy marathon in preparation for watching season 2 (which came out the other day but she wasn't home).

While watching, I eventually had to start cooking dinner. I was on my feet most of the afternoon, prepping and cooking. My back was killing me. I know that's mostly due to my weight which just keeps going up, but I don't know what to do besides just no eating and living off of water and coffee for a few days at a time. That's how I lost 25lbs a few years ago. But that was because we literally had no food so I had no choices. It's really hard to avoid food when there's so much of it in the house. Also, it's obviously unhealthy to just not eat so I'm not going to do that. The healthy food (like salads) just take so much energy to make.

At some point, I became aware of my head just pounding. I have no idea how long it was hurting because I tend to just ignore everything since I'm always in pain. I took four Ibuprofen (800mg). It did nothing for my headache. I pushed through it, though, so I could finish dinner (Hawaiian pork chops, roasted rosemary potatoes, brown rice, broccoli, baked beans and salad).

I somehow managed to get all the food put away with a little help from the 17yo. I also packed up a whole bunch for the 20yo to take to work for the 18yo (they now work together) because it was way too much leftovers for just us--the pork chops from Costco are huge. None of could finish a full one and there were twelve chops for just the six of us here.

Anyway, now I'm sitting here trying to ignore the headache and my breathing troubles which have been getting worse again over the weekend, but worrying about it just makes it worse. My finger are swelled up and sore so not sure I can do much knitting but I'll probably try while watching some TV. I have to wait to finish season one Umbrella Academy with the 17yo (I think we three more episodes left).

Maybe I'll just go to bed instead. I was so tired when I came up here after dinner, but I don't know if I can actually fall asleep now.

I also need to finish filling out forms for my psych visit on Wednesday and need to fill in my ballot for primary elections on Tuesday. I've had it for weeks but still haven't filled it out which means I'll probably have to drive it over and drop it off on Tuesday instead of mailing it (as usual).

Written by justanotherjen

Log in to Like
Log In to Favorite
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

You must be signed in to post a comment!