Oct. 18, 2020

And Now I'm Sick

Like I need more stress.

Everything was fine all day yesterday. I made some pea soup for dinner (which had no leftovers--apparently my grandson loved it) after the 17yo cleaned the kitchen for some reason. Then around 7 or 8pm, I noticed my throat was a little scratchy. I thought maybe it was from the fan blowing on me so I slanted it away. But by 9pm, I couldn't deny that my throat was also swelled up on top of still being scratchy. By the time I took my meds at 11pm, I was having trouble swallowing.


So far the only symptom seems to be the sore throat and maybe feeling a little worn down, but I also didn't sleep well because I just tossed and turned. That's more because of my weight. The heavier I get, the more issues I have including my arms falling asleep no matter how I lay or pinching nerves in my legs. I have to move every few minutes or I'm in pain.

Woke up this morning with my throat still swelled. Not sure where I got sick. No one else is sick (yet). I did have the doctor's appointment on Friday and stopped at the store that night. The last time I left the house before that was a week ago. So I guess I caught something the other day when I was out. Figures. Hopefully it's just a cold.

It is presenting exactly like the cold the 14yo had back in September--it started with a sore throat and being worn down then she got a slight cough. Mostly it was just the sore throat and tiredness for a couple weeks.

Of course, the problem with being sick during a pandemic is I have to isolate myself just in case its something serious. Which means, I can't cook. Which means, I don't eat because my kids ignore me and won't cook for themselves. They'll literally just eat cereal or popcorn or crackers for the next two weeks. And if they do cook, it will only be enough for themselves.

I'm hungry, but if I leave my room the 20yo will throw a fit for contaminating everything (even though I was cooking in the kitchen yesterday afternoon). But getting them to get me food when there's no leftovers and everything in the house needs to be cooked... I have a little bit of pork roast and brown rice left from the other day (if the 20yo didn't give it all to the baby) but I need veggies made first. Trying to communicate all of that over texts when they don't even know how to microwave vegetables. It's not worth the headache.

Then I have to figure out what to do with my husband who doesn't social distance even from sick people because he doesn't care. He will continue to go to work after exposing himself to me. Making sure he doesn't get sick falls on me. Ugh.

The next couple of weeks are going to suck. I won't be able to do that home sleep study because I won't be able to go pick up the machine until I'm better. And I filled out my ballot last night and was going to drive over to the drop-off today or tomorrow, but now, I can't. Who knows when I'll be able to.

Why does everything have to be so hard?

Written by justanotherjen

Log in to Like
Log In to Favorite
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

You must be signed in to post a comment!