Today started out somewhat eventfully. My dog, Riley, escaped and ran down the street. He does that a lot, so that's not too unusual, since he's part Beagle. Riley is a Puggle, half Pug and half Beagle. There's something else mixed in as well, too, since he's fluffy. Beagles are notorious escape artists, and my other dog Max, tries to escape too. Max is a "Bagle hound" or a Basset/Beagle mix. However, Riley is the reason we have had to put landscape timbers under our fence. HE is the master escape artist. Even if we think we have all the holes patched up, he finds another way out. Anyway, while he was out, we think he got into a fight with another animal his size, maybe even a cat. He has a limp when he walks now, and the other animal took a chunk out of his nose. The poor baby is resting right now, and as I type this he's resting against my leg, sleeping.
10 Blessings of the Day:
2. My group of friends
3. My dogs
4. My nieces
5. Riley being ok after his misadventure-I love him and Max and don't know what I'd do without them
6. The extension I got on a paper for school-I was pretty stressed about it.
7. That only the chain for my heart locket that Patrick gave me broke. The charm is still intact and if need be I can get a new chain. The necklace means a lot to me, and has since he gave it to me on Valentine's Day.
8. That my Counseling Theories professor gave me high praise on a paper I worked really hard on. And a good grade that I know I deserved.
9. That I was able to get out of the house yesterday, if only for a few minutes.
10. My comfy Panda sweatpants-they're really soft and one of my favorite pairs of pants to lounge in/sleep in.
I'm glad to know that Riley is ok after his misadventure, and I hope that he'll recover soon from his injuries. I have a pet as well - a cat, Diego - and he enjoys to explore my neighbour's properties, but sadly he sometimes ends up locked in their garage, making everyone worry. I also really love your idea to count your blessings, it really helps to appreciate what you have.
You must be signed in to post a comment!